Monday, July 26, 2010

Tell everybody I'm on my way.... thanks Phil Collins

for providing the soundtrack to my post!

Ok, so I was peeeeeved at 5am this morning, and not everything in the last 2 posts makes sense... and its very longwinded... probably quite boring too.... erm. I will try reconcile myself here.

It's been 2 months since I've been in NZ and I've got the classic "It was so long and yet so short" thing going on which I won't bore you with.

What I have to say is this:

- Europe is pretty rad. We are tight like this.

- I know I'm going to be frustrated with NZ fashion and lack of baked goods when I get back! Probably sulk for a few months before I set foot in Glassons...

- Everything in this trip has fallen into place perfectly. I've been well looked after and had plenty of angels help me out. In the words of my wise friend Rashi, "everyone can be an angel to somebody". Chur Rashi! And sometimes I think there's more to it also.

- It's all about the people. Including NZ people. So I'm ready to go back and have some cakey reunions. YAY

-When I first arrived in Europe I was scared to sit in the wrong seat in the train or to order food or eat alone at restaurants. I probably walked around like a lost scared little sheep. I didn't like hanging out by myself because it was scary. I was worried I'd get hit by trams when crossing the roads. I let people push in the queue in front of me and didn't know how to use the dont-mess-with-me European look or the I'm-not-foreign strut. I guess I must have changed because all I can say to that now is: FUNNY

- This trip wasnt a standard tourist trip. I got to do tonnes of random extra stuff. It was completely worth it. My advice would be don't cave to the pressure to do and see certain things. If you are an explorer at heart, you will find other things that interest you and get different memories than everyone else.

- I kinda like writing. What am I gonna write now?

(on that note, what am I gonna DO now? Anyone want to order some chocolates...?)