Friday, July 9, 2010

Badesee

Wow I seem to have got internet on my laptop for a brief moment! I'll make the most of this and shower you with photos from Bad Gastein at the end of this post.

This morning I went to the Badesee (swimming lake) for the first time. I resisted going there before because you have to pay to get entrance, and the whole concept of that is just insane in a kiwi mind.


Anyone someone convinced me and I got the bus out there and was priveledged to be allowed to sit on the grassy edge of a shallow lake, watching people who were watching people, under umbrellas, mostly topless.

It was a stinking hot morning so I took my first dip in Europe. About time the togs got used! I was a little un-nerved by the small snakes I'd seen in the water but it was all the more intriguing because of it.



After a while I got bored of sitting in the sweltering sun with people who had clearly never seen a real beach in their life, and headed back to Gastein. The Badesee was really beautiful tho and there are not many places in the world you can swim under the hot sun, with beach umbrellas, and snowy-tipped alps.




Anyway here is a small bombardment of other Bad Gastein pictures for your viewing pleasure: