Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ich bin dick

I've only been living in the hotel 2.5 days and already I''m awake at night worrying about getting heart disease or kidney stones from being fed so much. I swear they are fattening me for the slaughter!
The food is amazing. The chef is one of those women who just loves to cook and feed people. All the staff seem to love serving others more than anything else in the world. My offers to help are still turned down. Instead they sit me down and put food infront of me. As I eat, various staff constantly pass the table, everyone one of them smiling and asking me 'gut geshmeckt?' (tastes good?) or saying, Guten Appetite, or have you got enough or you want more?

I make a consious effort to finish everything because 1) it would seem rude not to when they are literally cooking just for me myself and I! and 2) it tastes good.

Today was fish on risotto which I saw and thought looked nice and light. Little did I know the risotto was of the cooked-in-cream and not much else variety. Can I just say it was AMAZING however filling. I don't even like risotto. But I loved this.

Most days she also has side salads and little jugs of homemade sauces for me to pour on. Most of the sauces burn like fire. Love it.

Then, after every meal, literally, a dessert is plonked proudly down on the table by my almost-finished first course. Tonight it was two large generous dollops of creamy chocolate mouse swimming in a sea of strawberry soup. Made fom strawberries that I think they pick.

The food is amazing, I'm not complaining. She even made dessert for my lunch which was like a fried pastry with berry filling that she made completely from scratch. I saw her.

The only problem is I'm not used to eating so much (I'm hardly used to 3 meals a day even) and I don't want to get fat.

Next time I hope my German reflexes (she only speaks German) will be quick enough for me to exclaim 'Ich will nicht Dick bekommen!'

ü